Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
1 pkgcorn or flour tortillas
6 largechicken breast (cooked & chopped)
1 ccoconut (freshly grated)
4-5 largelemon juice, fresh
1 cgreen onions (chopped)
1 Tbspred hot pepper (freshly chopped)
1/4 ccilantro (finely chopped)
1 1/8 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Kelaguen
- Cook (BBQ) the chicken on a hot grill until they are completely cooked. Let cooled, then chop them real fine and place in a large salad bowl
- Use a separate small bowl to mix all the other ingredients. Squeeze the lemon juice, then add salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix them all together until they all blend together.
- Add the grated coconut, and mix them well. Add the green onions, cilantro and lemon zest for garnish.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon full of chicken filling in the middle of the tortilla, then fold the sides and roll them into a burrito shape.
- Makes 5-6 servings, depending on the amount of filling for each tortillas.