Shoyu is a soy sauce.
Ajinomoto is monosodium glutamate.
- pieces boneless chicken thighs (for a healthier recipe, use boneless/skinless thighs)
- 2 large
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- ajinomoto (optional)
- oil for frying
- dipping sauce
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- 1 - 3 tsp
- tabasco to taste
How to Make Chicken Katsu
- 1Cooking Instructions
Heat about a 1/2 inch of oil in a large pan on medium temperature.
- 2In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, garlic salt, pepper and ajinomoto(optional).
- 3In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add salt and pepper, set aside.
- 4In a third, shallow bowl or plate, place Panko.
- 5Dredge thighs in flour to evenly coat the thigh. After coated, dip coated thigh in the egg wash, then into the Panko, making sure that all of the chicken is coated. Repeat with all of the thighs.
- 6Carefully place coated chicken in heated oil, turn when panko turns a golden brown (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- 7After chicken is cooked, drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- 8For dipping sauce, mix ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco.