Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 c
- oil for frying, or as needed
How to Make Chicken Katsu
- 1Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Place the flour, egg and panko crumbs into separate shallow dishes.
- 3Coat the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off any excess.
- 4Dip them into the egg, and then press into the panko crumbs until well coated on both sides.
- 5Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Place chicken in the hot oil, and cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.