Vicki Butts (lazyme)
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1 coil for frying, or as needed
How to Make Chicken Katsu
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, egg and panko crumbs into separate shallow dishes.
- Coat the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip them into the egg, and then press into the panko crumbs until well coated on both sides.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in the hot oil, and cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.