By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)pineapple, drained chunks with juice reserved
1/2 clime juice
1 largegreen bell pepper, sliced
1 largered bell pepper, sliced
1 largeyellow bell pepper, sliced
1vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 lbwhole mushrooms
6 ozblack olives, pitted and drained
1 lbsnow pea pods, trimmed
·salt to taste
14 oznatural instant brown rice
How to Make Chicken Kaleidoscope
- Line bottom of slow cooker set on high with chicken.
- Add pineapple juice and lime juice; cook for 4 to 6 hours or until tender, but not falling apart.
- When chicken is tender, layer mushrooms, pepper slices, 1 can pineapple, onion slices, olives and snow peas in slow cooker in order given.
- Top with butter.
- Cook for 1-1 1/2 hours more, or until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from broth; set aside on a warmed utility platter, covered, in a 200 degree oven to keep hot.
- Broth should measure approximately 1 quart; add salt and brown rice.
- Following package directions, cover and cook on high until done.
- When rice is cooked, place in center of large, warmed presentation platter.
- Scoop vegetables over top and arrange chicken around perimeter, letting veggies spill over them.