☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 colive oil
1 lbmild or hot italian sausages cut into 2 inch lenghts
2 lbbonless, skinless chicken thighs, each piece cut into three pieces
3peppers (any color) cut into strips
1onion cut into rings
1 cwarm water, melt a chicken bouillon (i use salt free) let it melt in the cup of warm water
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
2 tspminced garlic
1 tspdry oregano
8 ozfresh or canned mushrooms (drain)
4marinated cherry peppers, halved. you can use the hot ones if you would like.
How to Make Chicken Italiano
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. This recipe is done on top of the stove and then baked in the over to finish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Add the sausage (you can use turkey sausage, it would lower the fat content in the recipe) and chicken, cook stirring occasionally, until browned. It will take about 5 minutes.
- The meat does not need to be fully cooked at this point.
- Take meat out and drain fat from pan.
- Heat another two tablespoons of oil in the skillet, over medium/high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender, about two minutes.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and add meat mixture. Toss to combine and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the over for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices if you would like, it gives it a nice flavor.
- Serve with a nice garden salad.