☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- mild or hot italian sausages cut into 2 inch lenghts
- 2 lb
- bonless, skinless chicken thighs, each piece cut into three pieces
- peppers (any color) cut into strips
- onion cut into rings
- 1 c
- warm water, melt a chicken bouillon (i use salt free) let it melt in the cup of warm water
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- dry oregano
- 8 oz
- fresh or canned mushrooms (drain)
- marinated cherry peppers, halved. you can use the hot ones if you would like.
How to Make Chicken Italiano
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees. This recipe is done on top of the stove and then baked in the over to finish.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Add the sausage (you can use turkey sausage, it would lower the fat content in the recipe) and chicken, cook stirring occasionally, until browned. It will take about 5 minutes.
- 3The meat does not need to be fully cooked at this point.
- 4Take meat out and drain fat from pan.
- 5Heat another two tablespoons of oil in the skillet, over medium/high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender, about two minutes.
- 6Transfer to a casserole dish and add meat mixture. Toss to combine and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- 7Bake in the over for 40 minutes.
- 8Garnish with lemon slices if you would like, it gives it a nice flavor.
- 9Serve with a nice garden salad.