Chicken In Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 csun dried tomatoes, dry packed
1garlic clove, minced
1 cchicken stock
1 cheavy cream
1 lbchicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 tspdried basil
8 ozfettuccine pasta
How to Make Chicken In Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Snip the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat; add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 3/4 cup of the stock and the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- (The sauce can be kept, covered, for 1 day in the refrigerator. Heat again over low heat.)
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and saute, pressing on the chicken occasionally with a slotted spatula, for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside (cut to check).
- Transfer to a board; cover and keep warm.
- Discard the fat from the skillet.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to a boil, stirring up the pan juices.
- Boil to reduce slightly, then add to the sauce.
- Stir in the basil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, uncovered, in a large port of boiling salted water over high heat, stirring occasionally (about 1 to 2 minutes for fresh or 3 to 5 minutes for dried fettucine), or until tender but firm to the bite (al dente).
- Drain, transfer to bowl and toss with 3 or 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
- Cut each chicken breasts into 2 or 3 diagonal slices.
- Reheat gently in the sauce if needed.
- Transfer the pasta to serving plates, top with the chicken and coat with sauce.