Chicken In Parmesan Cream Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken, broiler-fryers, cut-up
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbspvegetable oil
3/4 chalf and half
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
3egg yolks, beaten
1/2 cbread crumbs
How to Make Chicken In Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet heat the oil, add the chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook until brown.
- Turn the pieces, partly cover the skillet and cook until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Bring the half and half to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
- When it has melted, stir in the egg yolks lightly beaten with a little of the hot sauce.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a flat casserole with 1/4 cup of the cheese, arrange the chicken on the cheese and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine the remaining cheese with the crumbs, sprinkle over the chicken and broil until golden brown.