- boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- fresh mushrooms
- scallions,sliced(or finely chopped white onion)
- 6 oz
- cream cheese, cut into chucks
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- aleppo pepper
How to Make Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- 1Season the chicken with about half
of the salt and pepper.
- 2Grill on a hot grill (or bake at 375degrees) until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the grill, cover and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Then slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- 3While the chicken cooks, melt the butter in a frying pan over med. heat. Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until tender, stirring often for approx, 15 mins. Reduce the heat and add the cream cheese, milk,salt, pepper and Aleppo pepper, cook,stirring often, until the cream cheese melts and forms a thick sauce.
- 4Stir in the chicken strips and cook over low heat until heated through.