chicken in mushroom and red wine sauce
2chicken breast or thighs
1 pkgsliced mushrooms
2 citalian bread crumbs
1 can(s)cambell cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 can(s)red wine
1 bunchsage and rosemary
4 Tbspolive oil
1/4 clemon juice
How to Make chicken in mushroom and red wine sauce
- Cut chicken and pound into cutlets.
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Place chicken and marinade into a freezer bag and marinade overnight.
- Beat egg and water. Place flour into a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in this order. Flour-egg-breadcrumbs. Shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet that can go into the oven. Brown the chicken cutlets on both sides, remove to plate.
- Add a tbs of butter and mushrooms to hot skillet. Brown the mushrooms.
- Deglaze pan with red wine.
- Blend in the can of soup to create a sauce. Add herbs.
- Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce on both sides.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min. Sauce should have reduced and be bubbling.
- Add a tbs of butter to the skillets to give the sauce a glaze.