Chicken in Mojo Sauce with Mashed Plantains
- 2 small
- chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 2 medium
- onions cut into rings
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 large
- plantains (dark spotted bruised works best)
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream or milk
- salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken in Mojo Sauce with Mashed Plantains
- 1Bring a large pot of water well salted to a boil. Peel the plantains and slice in half lengthwise and cut into 2 inch chunks. Place plantains in boiling water and cook about 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile place olive oil into large sauce pan or skillet. Saute the onions until browned and soft about 7 minutes. Place half of the onions in a food processor.
- 3Add the garlic, chicken, lime juice, orange juice, white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook until chicken is done. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove plantains from water with slotted spoon. Place in food processor with onions. Process drizzling the heavy cream in while processing.
- 5Add more or less cream to make a mashed consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve chicken mojo over mashed plantains.