Chicken in Mojo Sauce with Mashed Plantains
2 smallchicken breasts cut into pieces
2 mediumonions cut into rings
6 clovegarlic minced
·juice of 1 lime
·juice of 1 orange
1/4 cdry white wine
1/2 cchicken broth
3 Tbspolive oil
2 largeplantains (dark spotted bruised works best)
1/4 cheavy cream or milk
·salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken in Mojo Sauce with Mashed Plantains
- Bring a large pot of water well salted to a boil. Peel the plantains and slice in half lengthwise and cut into 2 inch chunks. Place plantains in boiling water and cook about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place olive oil into large sauce pan or skillet. Saute the onions until browned and soft about 7 minutes. Place half of the onions in a food processor.
- Add the garlic, chicken, lime juice, orange juice, white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook until chicken is done. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove plantains from water with slotted spoon. Place in food processor with onions. Process drizzling the heavy cream in while processing.
- Add more or less cream to make a mashed consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken mojo over mashed plantains.