Chicken In Cream and Herb Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
·all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/2 tspdried thyme
2 Tbspdried thyme
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2 Tbspparsley, minced
1 Tbspcapers, drained and rinsed
How to Make Chicken In Cream and Herb Sauce
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap, and with heavy wooden mallet, pound evenly and gently until about 1/4" thick then dredge with seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons each butter and oil.
- Add as many pieces of chicken as will fit without crowding.
- Cook quickly, just until meat loses pinkness when slashed, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Place on hot platter; keep warm.
- Cook remaining pieces, adding more butter and oil as needed.
- Add to platter and keep warm.
- Chicken may be placed in 200 degree oven while sauce is prepared.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet and simmer over moderately high heat, stirring to blend in browned particles.
- Boil, reducing to about half.
- Add whipping cream, thyme and parsley; boil until sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour any meat juices from warming platter into sauce.
- Adjust sauce for seasoning to taste.
- Pour over meat and garnish with parsley, lemon slices and capers.
- NOTE: Chicken breasts or veal may be substituted.