Chicken & Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
4boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in half)
·garlic salt to taste
186" corn tortillas (cut in half)
128oz can green chili enchilada sauce
116oz shredded monterey jack cheese
18oz container low-fat sour cream
How to Make Chicken & Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Season chicken with garlic salt. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool, shred, and set aside.
- With metal tongs, char each tortilla half over the open flame of a gas stove burner for about 1 minute, until lightly puffed.
- Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer. Top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, and 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce. Repeat. Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with remaining enchilada sauce, and arrange on top of the layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with any remaining enchilada sauce
- Cover, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly before serving