Chicken Francaise Over Spaghetti
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Light and tasty, you're just going to love this flavorful chicken recipe! The Test Kitchen
- 2 lb
- thin sliced chicken breasts (about 6-8 fillets)
- eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 c
- flour, seasoned with salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 lb
- thin spaghetti
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- white wine (can use cooking wine with lemon if available)
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
HOW TO MAKE THE SAUCE
How to Make Chicken Francaise Over Spaghetti
- 1Create a workstation with your egg, flour and chicken cutlets and begin by dipping chicken slices individually into the egg and then flour and begin to fry gently in a fry pan, (salt and pepper if desired.) Place aside until all are done.
This may be a good time to mix your sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and place on low heat.
- 2If you will be serving this over or with pasta, begin a boiling pot of salted water and place spaghetti in water when it begins to boil and cook for about 12 minutes or to you taste. Drain in a colander. I then like to place my pasta in a casserole, top and mix with a little sauce and then arrange chicken pieces on top. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and pasta.
- 3I like to put this in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, then remove to serve. Before serving, I place lemon slices and chopped parsley on top for presentation. Another great one dish meal or serve with a salad or green vegetable!