Chicken Francaise (Lemon Chicken in Wine Sauce)
For wine suggestions, their servers recommended serving this dish with a crisp chardonnay.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- white pepper
- 2 large
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 2 small
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 8 oz
- white wine
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon-style whole grain mustard
- 4 oz
- heavy cream
- lemon slices, for garnish
How to Make Chicken Francaise (Lemon Chicken in Wine Sauce)
- 1Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; set aside. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and lemon juice together; set aside.
- 2Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to make uniform thickness for even cooking.
- 3Heat butter in a large skillet.
- 4While butter is heating, dredge chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Once the butter is melted, dip floured chicken breasts in the egg mixture, and sauté chicken breasts in the hot butter for three minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken over and add the shallots and garlic, and cook one more minute. Add wine and stir for about 2 minutes to deglaze the skillet. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Stir dijon mustard into the pan sauce and let sauce cook for two minutes to reduce slightly Add heavy cream to sauce and cook for another two minutes to thicken sauce slightly.
- 5To Serve - Place chicken on individual plates or place all on a large platter. Spoon pan sauce over each chicken breast. Garnish each serving with a fresh lemon slice, and serve immediately.