★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgcorn tortillas
1 largecan of chicken
1 smallonion copped
dashsalt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Flautas
- Heat up cooking oil about inch deep in skillet and as oil is heating up dip each corn tortilla in that hot oil to soften and place in stack on plate.
- Open your large can of chicken (i use the chicken in the can that is like tuna - flaked) but if you have cooked chicken you can shread or flake that as well. I am after something i can keep in the pantry and quickly grab anytime. Drain the can of chicken and place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Chop your onion ( you can omit this if you want and/or you can use more or less - it does not matter) Add your chopped onion to the flaked chicken in the mixing bowl. This is when i put in my salsa (use as much or as little as you want) Put the salsa in with the chicken and onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- This mixture should be nice and flaky not runny, If it is runny get rid of the liquid. You will now take this mixture over to the stove where you have the tortillas that you dipped in the hot oil waiting.
- Take a goodly portion of this mix and put it into the tortilla and roll it up. I use about a tablespoon or more - hard to say since i dont measure stuff but use enough so that when you roll up the tortilla it is nice amount. Just know that you have to fill 10 or more tortillas. As you get them rolled put them seam down in the hot oil and fry until crispy but not overdone. I turn mine halfway through the cook and i dont like mine really crunchy but just on the crisp side. I use a large skillet so i am able to put almost all the tortillas in that skillet to fry. As they get done take them out with tongs and place on a plate with paper towels to drain. Lightly salt and serve with more salsa and sour cream to your liking. I place a bowl of salsa and a bowl of sour cream on the counter and let you help yourself to what you want to dip your flautas in . ENJOY