Chicken Fajitas in Salsa
- 2 to 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 each: red, yellow and green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half and then in strips
- 2 bags microwave in the bag mexican rice (or you can use any mexican rice you like, i use this when i am pressed for time)
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- sour cream and guacamole
How to Make Chicken Fajitas in Salsa
- 1Cut chicken into strips. Put oil in large skillet and transfer chicken to skillet. Season well with garlic powder, salt and pepper. And fry until cooked all the way though. Drain and return to pan.
Add jar of salsa and simmer until ready to serve.
- 2Meanwhile in another skillet heat small amount of oil and add peppers and onions. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook until still slightly crisp.
- 3Prepare rice and heat tortillas according to package (I place about ten on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel and heat about 15 seconds in microwave)
- 4To assemble fajitas: Lay tortilla on plate, add about 2 T of rice, then add chicken, put peppers and onions on top of that, and finally grated cheese. Top with sour cream and/or guacamole
Serve with my Crisp and Spicy Fried Red Potatoes.