Chicken Fajita Casserole
2whole cooked chicken breasts. (i had them leftover after having chicken fajitas.
6 mediumflour tortillas
1 can(s)enchilada sauce, 15 oz.
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
1 can(s)refried beans, large
1 can(s)black beans, drained and rinsed
1 ccorn kernels, frozen
3/4-1 cpick de gallo or picante sauce
2-3 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Shred chicken breasts. In large bowl, combine shredded chicken with both soups. Mix well.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce into large baking dish. Make sure the dish has at least 3" sides. Place tortillas on top to cover the bottom of the dish. I cut mine so they wouldn't overlap.
- Heat the refried beans and spoon over the tortillas, then smooth out. Spoon chicken mixture over beans, smoothing out.
- Sprinkle half of the corn and half of the black beans over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle pick de gallo over chicken. Sprinkle about a cup (or more if you like) shredded cheese over that and then about half of the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil and bam in preheated oven for about 30 min. Uncover and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a bit before you cut it.