Chicken Enchilada's in Pasta Shells
·1-28 ounce can of mild red enchilada sauce
·1 pound of chicken tenders (none breaded...fresh chicken tenders)
·2 packets of chicken taco seasoning
·1 cup of water
·1-12 once jumbo sea shell pasta
·1-2 cups of finely shredded mexican cheese blend
How to Make Chicken Enchilada's in Pasta Shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper
- Open can of Mild Red Enchilada Sauce and pour enough into your lined baking dish, to cover the bottom.
- Chicken Tenders...this is the fresh chicken, Unbreaded. It's where located with the fresh chicken and other meats) Slice chicken tenders into thinner pieces then cut into small pieces. (wash your hands while handling raw meat) Take your skillet, spray with a non-stick cooking spray, then drizzle a little bit of oil into the bottom of the pan. Place your chicken in prepared pan. Cook until chicken is done.
- When chicken is fully cooked, add 2 packets of Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix and 1 cup of water. ***Your packet of Chicken Seasoning Mix may say to use a different amount of water, that's ok...go ahead and follow the directions on the packets you're using. The ones I use say to add half cup of water per packet, so, just follow whatever brand you buy.
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese...there are two types, a 3 cheese, and a 4 cheese blend. Use whichever one you want or prefer. I use the finely shredded blends because they melt better.
- When the Pasta Shells are cooked and your chicken with the Taco Seasoning is done, start taking out the large shells, one at a one. Stuff it with your seasoned meat. You can put as much or as little chicken into the pasta shells as you'd like.(I use about 1/2 teaspoon of chicken in mine.) As you fill each shell, place it into the prepared baking pan with the sauce in the bottom. You want to place the shells side by side, a little snug, but not too crowded. When you're done stuffing the shells with chicken
- When you're done stuffing the shells with chicken, take your Mexican Cheese Blend and sprinkle a little bit directly into the pasta shells, onto the chicken. When you're done, take the rest of your Red Enchilada Sauce and pour over the top of the shells until they're all covered. You don't have to use the entire can. I use almost all of it, except maybe a 1/4 cup. So, when you're done with the enchilada sauce, sprinkle cheese on top of all the sauce and shells. The amount is however much you'd like to have. I use about 1/2 cup of cheese on top of mine.
- When done assembling, place pan into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. When done, remove from oven, let rest for about 5-10 minutes and then eat. :)
- ***Note*** Before placing into the oven, you can add black olives to the top of the pasta shells if you'd like. Either before sprinkling cheese on top or after. Then place into the oven.