it is a very filling meal easy and not real expensive!
They turned out good! I hope all enjoy this as we do!
- 1-2 pkg
- flour tortillas
- 2 can(s)
- (10.5 oz)cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- (10.5 oz) cream of celery soup
- 1 medium
- to lg onion chopped small
- 16 oz
- sour cream (real sour cream)
- 1 can(s)
- (small) diced green chilies
- 2 pkg
- (12 oz) mozzarella cheese kraft
- 1 pkg
- (12 oz) mild or sharp cheddar cheese kraft
- 1-2 pkg
- chicken breasts (no skin or bone)
- non stick spray ( butter)
- 1 to 2 tsp
- cavenders all purpose greek seasoning
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 tsp
- knorr chicken boullion powder (mexican kind)
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas
- 1Thaw & rinse Chicken breasts,then cut chicken up into small pieces,set aside. Cut up onion into small chunks.You may or maynot cook them with the chicken however you prefer. ( I do not) set a side til chicken
is done and cool.
- 2put olive oil enough to pan fry and steam chicken breasts in medium skillet, w/ lid on.
Place oil in skillet,place cut up chicken in and season with boullion,pepper,& greek seasoning.(no extra salt is needed because of boullion). Fry , steam with lid on til chicken is done. Pull chicken out ,and let cool .Save the liquid to add to your sauce mix.
- 3Meanwhile use small mixing bowl for all Soups, sourcream,and green chillies
Mix all the soups, sour cream, and green chilies with a wire wisk. Set aside til chicken is done and use the liquid to add to
this mix. stir again and set aside.Mix cooled chicken and onions in same bowl, set aside.
- 4Get out your 8 to 16 Flour tortillas and Cheeses,open your flour tortillas, your cheeses, and have them ready for making tortillas.Spray your casserole dish or 9x13 baking pan with the nonstick butter spray. And spray dish well, add some of the sauce mix to bottom of pan. To make
tortillas, take 1 tortilla, add handfull of chicken and onions mix, add both your cheeses on top, in a line, roll in
both ends and fold over slowly to make a closed burrito. Place into casserole dish, make more til dish is full.
Any leftovers can be made into chicken and cheese burritos for a snack for lunch.
Then pour rest of sauce over enchiladas.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degree oven. when time is up add extra mozzarella and mild cheddar
cheese to top allow to bake til cheese is melted and just starts to turn brown.
Your enchiladas are done.Hope You enjoy this as much as we do!