★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 - 5 largechicken breast filets
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 csour cream
1 largeonion chopped
1 largebell pepper - chopped
3 cmonterey jack cheese
4 - 5 Tbspchili powder
3 - 4 Tbspgarlic powder
25 smallcorn tortillas
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas
- Boil Chicken breasts in pot approx. 35 -40 mins. Or until done. When done, cool in frig or freezer, until you can touch.
- Soften tortillas in hot oil in shallow pan, one at a time, draining on paper towels
- Saute onion and bell pepper in hot oil till soft, 10 mins. Or so.
- Mix onion, bell pepper, crm.of mushroom, crm.of chicken, sour cream , garlic and chili powder in large bowl.
- Shread or chop chicken and add to bowl.
- Fill tortillas with approx. 3 T. chicken filling and approx. 1 T. of cheese, roll and place in a greased or sprayed 9 x 11 glass baking dish. Usually makes more than will fit in dish, use another dish.
- Cover all enchiladas in pan(s) completely with left over chicken filling (should be approx 2 cups left), and remainder of cheese.
- Cover with Foil and Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes