★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 c
- chicken, shredded
- 1 c
- chunky salsa
- 1 can(s)
- red enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- tortilla shells
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage.
How to Make Chicken Enchilada
- 1Okay, I bought boneless chicken breasts and baked them for 20 mins. I also flipped them when they were halfway done. When they are done cooking, take one at a time in a large bowl and shred the chicken with two forks while they are still hot.
- 2Once shredded add the sour cream, salsa, half the can of enchilada sauce, and dash the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage. Mix together very well making sure the chicken is completely coated. It will be a little liquidy. pour the chicken mixture into a strainer, and drain well.
- 3Next take a casserole dish and take a spoon full of enchilada sauce and coat the bottle of the dish. I used a paper plate to place the shell and tongs to pick up the chicken. Place a couple scoops in the center of the shell and roll the tortilla up. Place the seam side down on the dish so they don't unfold. repeat 3 more times.
- 4With the remaining enchilada sauce, pour over the tortillas. Finally top with as much cheese as possible. These enchilada's are meant to be cheesy(: Once finished place the dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Please Enjoy! :D