Chicken Enchilada pie made in slow cooker
86 inch corn tortillas
112 ounce jar of salsa ( i use chi chi's
115 ounce can of kidney,or pinto beans rinsed
1 cshredded cooked chicken
1 cmonterey jack cheese with or with out jalapeno peppers
1/2 cchopped and fried onions -omit if wanted
1/2 cchopped and fried green bell pepper -omit if wanted
How to Make Chicken Enchilada pie made in slow cooker
- Make foil handles for slow cooker. Cut 3 strips of heavy duty aluminum foil 2 inches wide and about 18-20 long each.
- keep layering in this way with the rest of the Tortillas. End with cheese on top.
- cover the dish with foil handles hanging over the sides.
- cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- When it is done. Lift it out with the foil handles you made and place on platter. That's it. Enjoy :)
- note: this will work with cooked ground beef too,and a bag of grated Mexican cheese.