Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 12 oz
- pkg. dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 1 large
- green or red pepper, chopped
- 1 c
- onion, chopped
- fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 c
- cooked chicken, chopped
- 1- 16 oz. can(s)
- refried beans
- 2 - 10oz.
- cans of enchilada sauce
- 1- 8 oz.
- pkg. shredded mexican cheese
- 1.25 pkg. taco seasoning
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta al dente according to pkg. directions;drain.
- 2In skillet cook peppers, onion, 1/4 tsp. salt in for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, taco seasoning and half of the enchilada sauce. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 3Spread 1 cup of remaining enchilada sauce in glass rectangular lasagna pan or 13 x 9 cake pan. Divide filling among shells.Arrange shells in single layer. Pour over remaining enchilada sauce.
- 4Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 - 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 5Serve with avocado dip, guacamole, sour cream, salsa or any other toppings you like with your enchiladas and shredded lettuce & tomato salad!