Chicken Enchilada Casserole
you will want to double it up... for left overs and trust me you will want left overs lol
- boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin bite-size strips
- medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can(s)
- (18.5 oz) progresso® light southwestern-style vegetable soup
- 1/4 c
- uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 oz
- fat-free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- old el paso® fat-free refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/3 c
- shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1# Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and bell pepper over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until chicken begins to brown and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cumin.
# 2 Stir in soup. Heat to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
# 3 Stir cream cheese into chicken mixture until well blended. Spread 1 tablespoon of the refried beans on 1 tortilla; place, beans side up, in bottom of ungreased 1-quart casserole. Top with 1 cup chicken mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Repeat 2 times. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
# 4 Cover; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- 2Make the casserole up to 24 hours ahead of baking, and store covered in the refrigerator. Since you'll be baking a cold casserole, expect the bake time to be a few minutes longer.