How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1boil chicken w/whole onion. The onion is for flavor. Remove from broth. Save broth to mix with cream soup.
- 2When chicken has cooled, remove from bones and cut into manageable pieces.
- 3Soften tortillas in a small amount of oil in a hot pan. Immediately place on a dish to ready for assembly.
- 4mix cream soup w/about 1/2 to 1 cup broth. Set aside.
- 5in a 9x13 pan, start with a small amount of soup to keep from sticking. Then layer with tortillas, chicken, chili, grated cheese, and soup. Then add another layer of tortillas and continue until done. Finish with cheese and soup if any is left.
- 6heat in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- 7cut into squares (or not!) and top with shredded lettuce and olives.