Chicken & Dumplings
3-4pieces chicken, skin on
4 1/2 cbaking mix, such as bisquik
4 $ 1/3 cmilk
How to Make Chicken & Dumplings
- Place chicken in a dutch oven 3/4 full of water, and add seasonings. Boil till chicken is done.
- Take out chicken, remove meat from bones, and cut into small pieces. Set aside. Keep stock boiling.
- Stir together baking mix and milk, mix, and knead with flour till easy to handle and not sticky.
- Roll out on flour-covered surface, and cut into strips, about 1 inch by 2 inches. Drop pieces a few at a tie into boiling stock. Cook for about ten minutes, till done. Stir as needed. For larger batches, you can remove dumplings as they are done.
- Remove with slotted spoon, mix in chicken meat, and serve.