Chicken & Dumplings
Everybody always loved eating at her house the meals were always hot and filling and usually on a budget. With 5 kids you had to be on a budget.
Rest in Peace Frances, you are missed.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 4 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 stick
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- broth after chicken is cooked
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- heaping tablespoon of shortening
- 4 c
- plain flour
- 2 pinch
How to Make Chicken & Dumplings
- 1Place chicken,butter, salt and pepper into large pot add water to almost 3/4 of the pot is full.
Boil chicken,remove chicken and shred or cube chicken. Reserve 2 cups of broth add the shortening into the reserved broth so that it will melt. Add Chicken back to broth in the pot. Bring chicken and broth back up to a boil.
- 2Sift 4 cups flour and salt. Add the broth after the shortening is melted,to the flour, it will form a dough ball. Turn onto a floured surface and roll very thin. Cut into strips. Make sure broth and chicken are back to a boil.
- 3Drop strips back into boiling broth. Cover and simmer for 10 min.If broth needs to be thickened. Water, flour and butter in a blender, blend well. Make sure broth is boiling when adding the thickening.