How to Make Chicken & Dumplings
- Cut up Chicken into pieces. You can fry with or without skin. Rinse and pat dry chichen pcs.
- Heat oil in large electric skillet on 400 (adjust heat as needed).In a plastic bag coat chicken with flour, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like. I use rosemary and oregano. Place chicken in hot oil.
- Fry chicken on each side until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. I ALWAYS nuke the chicken for 2 minutes to make sure meat is cooked.
- Pour oil out of skillet. Wipe out skillet. Turn heat on to 350. In skillet add chicken soup and 1-1/2 cans of milk. Stir out lumps, add chicken. Make bisquik dumplings as directed. Place drops of dough in skillet. Try not to put on chicken. Place lid on skillet for 10 minutes. Remove for 10 minutes. Serve.
- If you are in a hurry, you can always buy some fried chicken at the grocery, already cooked then follow step 4.