Chicken Drumsticks with Asian Barbecue Sauce
2 tspvegetable oil
1 tspchinese five spice powder
16chicken drumsticks, about 3 lbs.
·salt and pepper to taste
3/4 choisin sauce
1/4 csweet asian chile sauce or hot pepper jelly
1/4 cunseasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cchicken stock or broth
2 tspminced fresh ginger
2 largegarlic cloves
1 tsptoasted sesame oil
1 ctoasted sesame seeds
How to Make Chicken Drumsticks with Asian Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large bowl, mix vegetable oil with five spice powder.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Arrange chicken on foil lined baking sheet. Roast for about 35 minutes, turning twice, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in blender, mix the hoisin sauce, chile sauce, rice vinegar, chicken stock, ginger, garlic and sesame oil and puree until very smooth. Transfer sauce to a pan and simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss with sauce until completely coated.
- Preheat broiler and position a rack 8 inches from heat.
- Return chicken to baking sheet and broil for about 10 minutes, brushing with the sauce and turning occasionally, until chicken is glazed and sticky. Add toasted sesame seeds to a small bowl. Dip chicken in seeds to coat and serve.
Food and Wine