Chicken Dressing Casserole
- rotisserie chicken, deboned - reserve a few chunks of dark meat for gravy
- 1 pkg
- pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing (i use small package)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 3 medium
- 3 c
- chicken broth (more or less, depending on taste)
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- few chunks of dark meat from rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- egg, hard boiled and sliced
- black pepper
How to Make Chicken Dressing Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Debone chicken and chop into chunks into large mixing bowl. Add entire package of Pepperidge Farms cornbread crumbs. Stir chicken and cornbread crumbs to mix well.
- 3In seperate bowl mix cream of mushroom soup and sour cream together. Mix well. Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir until well blended. Add the soup, cream, broth mixture to chicken cornbread mixture. Blend well.
- 4Beat 3 eggs. Add to chicken mxture. Stir to blend eggs into the mixture well.
- 5Sautee onions and celery in olive oil. (I sautee for only a few seconds as I prefer my onions and celery crispy)
- 6Add sauteed onions and celery to mixture. Stir well. Add additional chicken broth until mixture is desired consistency. (I prefer a moist dressing so I add an additional cup and half to two cups of broth to my mixture.)
Season to taste. (Go lightly with the salt as chicken broth can be salty. I am generous with the black pepper. I like spicy foods)
- 7Bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 35 minutes.
In saucepan on medium heat, add can of cream of chicken to 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth. Mix well. Add the chunks of dark meat chicken from rotisserie to mixture in sauce pan. Stir to blend well. Stir constantly. When mixture is blended well, slice boiled egg directly into mixture. Continue to stir. Season to taste. I do not add any salt, only black pepper. Allow mixture to come to a boil.
Serve over dressing with cranberries. (I do not have a recipe for cranberry sauce... Please let me now if you do and share.)