Chicken & Double Jasmine Rice
I really had a hard time finding a rice that had good flavor. I found this small bag at the store, brought it home, made rice, and WOW was I hooked.
On the back of one of my bags was this recipe.
- dynasty jasmine tea bag (i have used green tea)
- 1 1/2 c
- hot water
- chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken thighs, skinless and excess fat removed
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 3/4 c
- imperial dragon jasmine rice
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Chicken & Double Jasmine Rice
- 1In a glass measuring cup add tea bag to 1 1/2 cups hot water; let stand 1 minute. Remove and discard tea bag.
Add bouillion to tea to dissolve.
- 2Heat a large frying pan over high heat.
Add butter to melt.
Add chicken, in single layer.
Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Remove from pan.
- 3Add onion to same pan. Saute' for 30 seconds. (I add a little more butter and cook onion a little longer)
Mix in rice, pepper, and tea mixture.
Arrange chicken, in single layer, on top.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
(I use a temp probe @ 180 degrees in the chicken to make sure it is done..Add a little water if needed.)
- 4Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
I also have used 4 chicken breast.