Chicken Divan a la Jodi
3 to 4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 largebroccoli crowns with stems
1 can(s)cream of whatever you have on hand soup
1/2 creal mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
1/3 to 1/2 cmilk
2 cgrated cheese (i like medium cheddar)
2 cbread crumbs
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/2 to 1 stickbutter, melted
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Chicken Divan a la Jodi
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix canned soup, mayonnaise, milk, 1/2 tsp garlic powder until well blended.
- In separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter and 1 tsp. garlic powder, salt and pepper until crumbs are well-coated.
- Break broccoli tops into florets, slice stem about 1/4 inch thick. Cook broccoli on stovetop (with about 2 inches water in bottom of pan) until almost done...but not-quite tender (don't want it mushy). Drain.
- Boil Chicken, drain, then cut into cubes (1/2 to 1 inch).
- Spread cooked chicken pieces, evenly, over bottom of pan.
- Spread steamed broccoli over chicken layer.
- Spoon/pour soup/mayo mix evenly over broccoli.
- Spread on layer of grated cheese (I like LOTS).
- Cover entire thing with bread crumb mixture.