Chicken Divan a la Jodi
- 3 to 4
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 2 large
- broccoli crowns with stems
- 1 can(s)
- cream of whatever you have on hand soup
- 1/2 c
- real mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- 2 c
- grated cheese (i like medium cheddar)
- 2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 to 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Chicken Divan a la Jodi
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In bowl, mix canned soup, mayonnaise, milk, 1/2 tsp garlic powder until well blended.
- 3In separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter and 1 tsp. garlic powder, salt and pepper until crumbs are well-coated.
- 4Break broccoli tops into florets, slice stem about 1/4 inch thick. Cook broccoli on stovetop (with about 2 inches water in bottom of pan) until almost done...but not-quite tender (don't want it mushy). Drain.
- 5Boil Chicken, drain, then cut into cubes (1/2 to 1 inch).
- 6Spread cooked chicken pieces, evenly, over bottom of pan.
- 7Spread steamed broccoli over chicken layer.
- 8Spoon/pour soup/mayo mix evenly over broccoli.
- 9Spread on layer of grated cheese (I like LOTS).
- 10Cover entire thing with bread crumb mixture.