1 - 2 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
16 ozfrozen broccoli, cooked according to package directions
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup (i have used other cream of... soups with good results but chicken is my favorite)
1 tsplemon juice
1 Tbspcurry powder
·velveeta, american, or cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Divan
- Mix together cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder. Set this sauce aside to allow flavors to develop. <I have used cream of mushroom, cream of broccli, and combinations of the three...I liked them all but prefer the cream of chicken.>
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim chicken of any fat and cook as desired. I usually boil them for about 15 minutes or sautee them until lightly browned. Let them cool until they can be handeled.
- Butter a 9x13 dish. Layer broccoli in the dish. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add on top of broccoli. Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover the dish with sliced Velveeta or shredded cheddar cheese. <I prefer the way Velveeta melts but have used shredded cheddar with good results as well.>
- Place dish in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. When finnished cooking, allow to sit for about 10 minutes so as to set a bit and ease serving.