★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 bunch
- asparagus, fresh
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 c
- best foods mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- 2 c
- a mixture of shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
How to Make Chicken Divan
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, in a 9x13 casserole dish, lightly spray it. clean fresh asparagus and cut it in half of thirds, put in bottom of dish.
- 2In frying pan on stove steam 4 chicken breasts(boneless & skinles)I add a little bit of water to pan after i have flipped chicken over, keep it on low to med. heat and covered.When done, take out and cool.
- 3While chicken is cooling,in a large bowl, mix all of the other ingredinents, except reserve 1 cup of the cheese, set this aside.Now cut up cooled chicken and put on top of asparagus, if it looks like to much chicken, don't use it all, just as long as it covers up asparagus really good.
- 4Take the large bowl of the other ingredients and pour over the chicken, smoothing it out, nice and even.Take your 1 cup of reserved cheese and sprinkle it evenly over the top, you can always add more of that if you prefer, I love cheese, so I always do and I pepper the top. Put in oven and bake for 1 hour. let it cool for 10 minutes after coming out of oven, before you dig into it.Enjoy !