Chicken Dijon Rigatoni1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 c
- half and half
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb
- rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1/3 c
- dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Chicken Dijon Rigatoni
- 1Heat olive oil in a large sautepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 4Add half and half and salt and pepper to taste, and stir to blend.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced a bit, about 10 minutes. (Mustard added later will quickly thicken it.)
- 7Transfer warm pasta to a warmed serving bowl.
- 8Whisk mustard into cream mixture.
- 9Return chicken to sauce, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through.
- 10Do not boil.
- 11Spoon chicken mixture over pasta and toss thoroughly.
- 12If desired, garnish with chopped parsley.
- 13Serve immediately.