Chicken Croquettes with Sauce
It was good and my picky husband really liked it very much.
- 5 oz. chiken breasts
- 1 3/4 c
- brown and wild rice
- 2/3 c
- shredded mozzarella (part skim)
- 1/2 c
- frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmeasan
- 3 Tbsp
- fat free mayo (i used light mayo and i used 5 tbsp)
- large egg whites
- 6 Tbsp
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c
- marinara sauce (i did not use marinara)
How to Make Chicken Croquettes with Sauce
- 1preheat oven to 400 and spray a baking sheet with Pam.
- 2Chop the chicken into cubes and add to a food processor along with the rice and pulse until finely chopped and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the mozzarella, parmesan, peas and mayo. With moistened hands form into 8 3 inch logs (I shaped them like mounded burgers)
- 3Whisk the egg whites in a medium bowl. Spred the bread crumbs on wax paper. Dip the croquettes into the egg whites and then roll in the crumbs.
- 4Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile heat the marinar sauce and top the croquettes with the sauce.
- 5OKAY, I found I needed more mayo so I used about 5 TBSP. and I like mine a bit on the seasoned side, so I added some onion powder and a couple TBSP of fresh chopped parsley.
I did not use the marinara on this. I took a can of condensed cream of celery (because I was out of cream of mushroom) and heated it in a small saucepan along with some dry white wine and skim milk (sorry didn't measure, just watched for the consistency I like) and added some pepper, onion powder and parsley to that. Served it with the croquettes and it was very good, if I do say so myself.
The croquettes were good but you may want to add the seasoneing you like. Next time I will try to add a little water or and few drips of egg whites rather than the extra mayo (damned calories)