2For the fillings: 5. (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder (if using)
6. Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese, mix well until combined
7. Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream or mayonnaise, mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry)
8. Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste.
9. Unroll the crescent rolls
10. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chick mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
11. Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish. Just enough to cover bottom, I have found out that too much will make the crescents soggy.
12. Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
13. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you don't have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desire.
14. Bake for about 30 minutes