Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- chicken tenderloins
- 20 oz
- enchilada sauce (green)
- 1/2 c
- refried beans
- 8 oz
- cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese)
- jalapenos, fresh, minced (optional)
- habanero pepper, fresh, minced (optional)
- flour tortillas (large)
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese
How to Make Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- 1Thaw chicken and preheat oven to 350º
- 2Cut chicken into bite size pieces and boil in an inch of water until just cooked through (about 10 minutes). Chicken pieces should be white all the way through. If you over cook the chicken will be dry. Drain.
- 3Add about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, refried beans, cream cheese, jalapenos and/or habaneros (for really mild do not add peppers, for medium add jalapenos without the seeds, for hot ad jalapenos and habanero without seeds, for super spicy add both peppers seeds and all). Mix well. You can mix over low heat to melt the cream cheese and make mixing easier.
- 4Spray 9x13 pan with non stick spray. Coat bottom of the pan with a thin layer of plain enchilada sauce. Fill and roll tortillas with chicken mixture place in a row in the pan. Once the pan is full pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top and cover with grated monterrey jack cheese.
- 5Bake for 30-45 minutes until heated through and golden at the edges.
- 6Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole