Chicken Corn Bread Dressing
My Mama use to make this and I've tweak it a bit. This was a staple around our house at the holidays. I can remember waking up on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning and helping my Mama with the preparation for making this delicious dish.
With the chicken (or turkey), this dish could just be a complete meal using a little Giblet Gravy. Yum, yum, yummy!
- chicken or hen, fully cooked and deboned, reserving liquid
- pone cornbread (this should be about 6 cups of cornbread)
- 2 c
- chopped celery
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- rubbed sage
- 1 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
How to Make Chicken Corn Bread Dressing
- 1In a skillet, saute celery and onion in a little butter until tender. Place in a large bowl with corn bread, sage & poultry seasoning.
- 2Add chicken and enough liquid to combine all ingredients. Dressings will be very wet, but don't worry, it will cook out. You can add chopped boiled eggs to this if you want to before cooking.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees until all liquid is absorbed and dressing is a little brown on top.