Chicken Cordon Bleu With Sauce
GREAT RECIPE WHEN HAVING COMPANY.
4chicken breast pounded thin.
4 sliceswiss cheese
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cchicken broth
1 tspchicken bouillon granules or 1 cube
1 tspcorn starch
1 cheavy whipping cream
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu With Sauce
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges after pounding thin. Fold the tenderloin flap of the chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl and coat the chicken. Be sure to coat both sides of chicken. I usually coat chicken before putting in toothpicks. You can do it either way.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until brown no all sides. Add the broth and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breast to a platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened and pour over the chicken.
- When making the sauce make extra....