Chicken Cordon Bleu
Been making this for a long time....its a classic!!
Hope you all like it!!
- large chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved
- 8 Tbsp
- shallots, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- dry white wine...i use cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp
- dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- slices swiss cheese
- thin slices ham, regular or prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- bread crumbs for dredging
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1Saute shallots in 3 tbsps butter for 5 mins.
Pour in the wine and stir in 2 tbsps bread crumbs.
Remove from heat.
Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound to flatten.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread shallot mixture evenly on chicken pieces. Top each chicken piece with a slice of cheese and ham.Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- 2Melt the 5 remaining tablespoons of butter and blend with lemon juice. Roll chicken in butter and lemon and dredge in bread crumbs. Place in a buttered dish and bake at 350 for 35 - 40 mins
I serve this with a salad and tasty rice.