- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut up or shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
- 1 cup self-rising flour (see note)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. herbes de provance or 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk (see note)
- 1 stick butter melted
Combine broth and soup in s saucepan, add Herbes de Provence or poultry seas. and bring to a boil.
Pour the broth mixture over the chicken.
NOTE: to make your own:
combine 1 c regular flour with:
1-1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
NOTE: Make sour milk by combining:
1 cup whole milk with 2 tsp. vinegar or lemon juice. Stir and it should curdle. use it instead of buttermilk.
DO NOT STIR!!!
Bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbly1 Enjoy!