Chicken Cobbler Casserole
I have used many substitutions (canned mushrooms for fresh, chicken broth (regular and flavored) for wine, pimentos for roasted red bell peppers), each time it's a hit!
Great for sharing with neighbors or to bring someone a "pick me up" meal.
A guaranteed "no leftover" dinner!
- 6 Tbsp
- margarine, melted
- 4 c
- cubed sourdough bread
- 1/3 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- medium sized sweet onions, sliced
- (8 oz) package, fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 c
- white wine
- (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded or cubed cooked chicken
How to Make Chicken Cobbler Casserole
- 1Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
Sauté onions in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown