CHICKEN CHOW MEIN THE EASY WAY
- 6 oz
- spaghetti, broke in 1/2 before boiling. drained.
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- apple juice
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- soy sauce
- 1 lb
- boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, minced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- green bell pepper, chopped
- stalk of celery, chopped
- canola, peanut or vegetable oil
- chow mein noodles to garnish
NOTE: USE ANY VEGETABLE YOU'D LIKE
How to Make CHICKEN CHOW MEIN THE EASY WAY
- 1Cook the spaghetti and drain.
- 2In a bowl, combine broth, apple juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons of oil until a drop of water sizzles in it. Add chicken and cook through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 4Put in 2 teaspoons of oil again until hot and add onion, celery and green pepper. Stir and cook on low heat with a lid on pan until the vegetables are just soft and tender.
- 5Remove lid, turn up heat to medium and stir in ginger and garlic. Stir and cook 2 minutes more until the flavors are together.
- 6Add the broth mixture and stir until it thickens. Add chicken and stir another minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Put spaghetti in compotes or bowls and serve the chicken mixture on top of it. Add chow mein noodles on top to garnish.