Chicken Chili Enchilada Casserole
- 2 c
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 inch, corn tortillas cut into quarters
- 20 oz. can green chili enchilada sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- salsa verde/ may add more to taste
- 1 medium
- spanish onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 clove
- garlic, grated
- green bell peper, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced
- jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 to 1 pkg
- old el paso, taco seasoning
- 1 pkg
- shredded monterey cheese
- 1 pkg
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. container reduced fat sour cream
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Chicken Chili Enchilada Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350º
Empty the cheeses into a bowl and combine. Now open the cans of sauce. Lightly grease a medium size baking dish.
- 2Prep the vegetables. Place the vegetable in a heated fry pan with olive oil. Now fry until the onions & peppers are slightly tender then add the taco seasoning a little at a time and stir to mix. Turn off heat and add the chicken, Salsa Verde and sour cream. Taste the mixture to see if you need more taco seasoning.
- 3In a prepared casserole, add a light layer of green chili enchilada sauce, layer of corn tortillas, a layer of chicken vegetable mix. layer of cheese, a layer thin layer of green chili enchilada sauce and layer of corn tortillas and ect. ending with corn tortillas.
- 4Coat remaining layer of corn tortillas with the green chili enchilada sauce. Place tooth pics in and around the top of the casserole then cover with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes. Uncover pull out toothpicks and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake another 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- 5Cool for 15 minutes. Cut and serve.
- 6NOTE: If the bottom of your casserole looks wet bake additional 15 minutes before adding the last of the cheese and baking again.