Chicken Chilaquiles (Mexican Lasagna)
- onion, chopped and divided
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic, divided
- 2 c
- tomato sauce (15 oz + 8 oz cans)
- 1 -2
- chiles or jalapeno, cored, seeded and chopped (i leave seeds in mine for more spicer)
- 1/2 c
- chopped cilantro
- corn tortillas, cut into strips
- tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- shredded mozarella cheese
- sour cream
How to Make Chicken Chilaquiles (Mexican Lasagna)
- 1Cook chicken w/ water, salt, 1/2 of chopped, 1 tsp garlic, & pepper til fully cooked.
Remove chicken from water, drain onions and garlic from water, set aside.
Cool chicken, and shred into pieces.
Drizzle pan with olive oil, sauteed remaining onion, remaining 1 tsp garlic til translucent. Add tomato sauce, cilantro, leftover onion and garlic from chicken broth & Tabasco sauce. Cook for 10 mins, season with salt & pepper. Add chicken into sauce mixture, cook for few mins.
Deep fry tortilla strips til golden brown, drain on paper towel.
- 4In 9 x9 casserole pan, layer tortillas, chicken sauce mixture, dollop sour cream in area, not spread sour cream and then sprinkle mozarella cheese, and repeat layer til to the top of casserole dish.
Bake 335 degrees, for 45 mins.
Garnish with Cheese, green onion, cilantro.