Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
1 cwater, divided
1 Tbspolive oil
16 ozmonterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
5 ozcan chopped green chiles
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1 lbchicken breast, cubed
15 ozcontainer of ricotta cheese
1 pkgflour tortillas
How to Make Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
- Combine ¼ cup water, taco seasoning and oil in a shallow dish or heavy zip-top plastic bag; mix well.
- Cook chicken and marinade in a large hot skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often until chicken is done.
- Stir together 1/2 cup salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water in a 13x9 inch baking dish until well blended.
- Spread evenly over bottom of dish.
- Stir together 2 ½ cups monterey jack cheese, ricotta cheese, chiles, egg, cilantro and salt.
- Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken and roll up.
- Place tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in dish.
- Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining monterey jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with sour cream.