1 Tbspcooking oil
1 Tbspchicken bouillon
1/2 cgruyere cheese
1/4 cwhite wine, dry
1/3 tsphot pepper sauce
2 ozmushrooms, drained
7 ozfrozen peas
2 cchicken, cooked and chopped
2 Tbsppimento, chopped
How to Make Chicken-Cheese Crepes
- Note: make crepes *first*; then they will be ready when the sauce and filling are finished.
- CREPES: Mix all crepe ingredients in a bowl and beat with a rotary beater until blended.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat; brown on one side only.
- (Or, cook on an inverted crepe pan.)
- Invert pan over paper toweling; remove crepe.
- Repeat to make 16-18 crepes; greasing skillet occasionally.
- Unfilled crepes freeze well, so if you have any remaining crepes, store them in your freezer.
- Just make a stack, alternating each crepe with 2 layers of waxed paper.
- Then overwrap the stack in a moisture-vaporproof bag.
- Freeze up to 4 months.
- Let crepes thaw at room temperature about 1 hour before using.
- CHEESE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk, water and chicken bouillon granules all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese, wine, parsley and pepper sauce.
- Remove 1 cup of the cheese sauce and set aside.
- Stir drained mushrooms into remaining sauce.
- FILLING: Cook peas according to package directions; drain.
- Combine peas, chicken/turkey, pimento and the 1 cup reserved cheese sauce.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling over the unbrowned side of each crepe, leaving a 1/4-inch rim around edge.
- Roll up crepe.
- Place, seam side down, in a 12x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over crepes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Cover; bake in a 375 oven for 18-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.