★★★★★ 1 vote5
8-10cooked boneless chicken breast strips
1 can(s)family size cream of mushroom soup
1 c2% milk
3/4 cchopped celery
3/4 cdiced onion
1 ccanned peas-drained
1 can(s)sliced water chestnuts
8 ozbag of onion and sage dressing/stuffing
1 stickmelted butter or margarine
How to Make Chicken Casserole
- Cook the chicken in water in pot on stovetop until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from pot,let cool and cut into small pieces.
- Spray 9x14 pan with cooking spray or coat pan with margarine or butter. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Place chicken on bottom of pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the soup, milk, mayonnaise, celery, onion, salt, pepper, peas and water chestnuts. Stir with spoon until well mixed.
- Pour the bowl mixture on top of the chicken in the pan.
- In another bowl mix the melted butter or margarine with the dressing/stuffing.
- Pour this evenly over the soup mixture in the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven and bake 30 min. or until sides are bubbly (as seen through glass baking pan)
- Remove aluminum foil and bake another 10 min.
- Remove from oven, let sit just a few min. and serve.