Chicken Cashew Chinese Noodle Casserole
1 cdiced celery
1/4 cdiced onion
1 1/2 ccooked chicken, cubed or torn into small pieces*
1/4 lbdry-roasted cashews**, divided usage
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, low sodium
3 ozcan dry chinese ('chow mein') noodles, divided usage
1 Tbsplow sodium soy sauce
1 can(s)water chestnuts, drained, sliced
How to Make Chicken Cashew Chinese Noodle Casserole
- * you can substitute a large [10-oz.]can of cooked chicken, drained
** I have also substituted slivered almonds, reserving some for top of casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8x8" baking dish with PAM.
- In a large skillet, saute' onion and celery together in butter, until soft and translucent, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well, reserving some of the chinese noodles and cashews (or slivered almonds) for the top.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle reserved chinese noodles and cashews (or slivered almonds) over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden and bubbly.